COVID-19 Protocol – Updated 01/18/2021
COVID-19 Testing Available!!!
As information continues to change and become available, we must adapt out policies and office protocols to diligently maintain the high possible standard of care in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are continually staying up-to-date with the current health official recommendations and guidelines. We are taking all precautions to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We understand that there are uncertain and challenging time for all. Please trust that your care, health and safety remain our top priority. We will remain open and be available for all of our patients for as long as we can.
At this time, we do offer rapid COVID-19 test and PCR COVID-19 test. We offer the COVID-19 test as a self-pay service only for a fee of $75 per test. This is self-pay service both new and existing patients. Testing is available for the entire family. The PCR COVID-19 test is offered only to our existing pediatric patients and is billed through insurance. Feel free to discuss with providers on best course of action.
We appreciate your understanding of these new policies and procedures we will be implementing:
1. We will be triaging every appointment made / called for COVID-19 concerns.
2. At this time, we ask for no walk-ins. Call ahead for guaranteed same-day appointment.
3. If you have had close contact with suspected or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient, or who have a history of travel from affected geographic area (anywhere in Europe, China, Iran, South Korea, Washington states, California, New York City) within the last 14 days, please do not come the office. Please call and you will be given instructions via phone on next step.
4. We are highly encouraging social distancing to prevent spread, as well as frequent hand washing/sanitizing and avoid touching your face at all cost.
5. We ask that our families minimize number of individuals coming into the office. If possible, please leave siblings at home, in car accompanied by adult, etc.
6. Our staff will be wearing mask and PPE in an effort to protect the spreading of any germs. Due to supply and demand, we will be limiting handing out masks to only high-risk patients.
7. All book bins, toys and magazines have been removed from waiting rooms and exam rooms. Netflix will still be available on all TVs.
8. Effective 3/16/2020, in efforts to segregate non-sick and sick appointments, we continue to have a designated entrance for our sick patients.
9. All incoming individuals will have their temperatures checked at check-in. If a parent of child has an elevated temp, you will be asked to go back to your car and when a room becomes available, you will be called via the alternate sick entrance.
10. We will be having well check visit patients come through the front door as normal. Those patients that have had an elevated temp within the past two-weeks are asked to stay in your vehicles and to call our office once you have arrived. Completion of check in process will be done then. When a room becomes available you will be brought back through back door and put into a room.
11. . We have divided our office to have designated areas for all well visits, non-febrile sick and sick appointments.
12. Signs have been posted and barriers are in place to help aide in cross-contamination. We ask that you follow these as directed.
13. Stickers and lollipops are still available by request only.
14. We will sanitize and wipe down waiting areas, common areas and exam rooms after every patient.
As we are still learning about COVID-19 and as more information becomes available, these protocols may need to change. We will update if and when necessary. Once again, the health of our staff and our Stonebriar Families is our top priority.
-Stonebriar Pediatrics Management