COVID-19 Protocol (Updated 03/17/2020)
As information continues to change and become available, we must adapt our policies and office protocols to diligently maintain a high standard of care in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are continually staying up-to-date with the current health official recommendations and guidelines. We are taking all precautions to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We understand that these are uncertain and challenging times for all. Please trust that your care, health and safety remain our top priority. We will remain open and be available for all of our patients for as long as we can. At this current time, we do not have COVID-19 testing capabilities. We are expected to receive a very limited supply in the near future that will be subject to those patients meeting high-risk factors only. At the time, we cannot honor any request to test for COVID-19 without probable cause.
We appreciate your understanding of these new policies and procedures we will be implementing:
1. We will be triaging every appointment made / called for COVID-19 concerns.
2. At this time, we ask for no walk-ins. Call ahead for guaranteed same-day appointment.
3. If you have had close contact with suspect or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient, or who have a history
of travel from affected geographic area (anywhere in Europe, China, Iran, South Korea, Washington states, California, New York City) within the last 14 days, please do not come to the office. Please call and you will be given instructions via phone on next steps.
4. We ask that all elective appointments including but not limited to: those well-child checks not due for vaccinations, ADHD follow-ups, Consults, general follow-up appointments be rescheduled to a later date. We ask that you not come to the office unless extremely necessary.
5. We are strongly encouraging social distancing as advised by CDC to prevent spread, as well as frequent hand washing/sanitizing and avoid touching your face at all cost.
6. We ask that our families minimize number of individuals coming into the office. If possible, please leave siblings at home, one parent, etc.
7. Our staff will be wearing mask and gloves in an effort to protect the spreading of any germs. Due to supply and demand, we will be limiting handing out masks to only high-risk patients.
8. All book bins, toys and magazines have been removed from waiting rooms and exam rooms. Netflix will still be available on all TVs.
9. Effective 3/16/2020, in efforts to segregate non-sick and sick appointments, we will group all non-sick appointments in the morning, until 11:30am and all sick appointments in the afternoon.
10. All incoming individuals will have their temperatures checked at check-in. If a parent of child has an elevated temp, you will be asked to go back to your car and when a room becomes available, you will be called via the back door.
11. We will be having well check visit patients come through the front door as normal. Those patients that have had an elevated temp within the past two-weeks are asked to stay in your vehicles and to call our office once you have arrived. Completion of the check in process will be done via phone. When a room becomes available you will be notified by phone, brought through back door, and put into a room.
12. We have divided our office to have designated areas for all well visits, non-febrile sick and sick appointments.
13. Signs have been posted and barriers are in place to help aide in preventing cross-contamination. We ask that you follow these as directed.
14. Stickers and lollipops are still available by request only.
15. We will sanitize and wipe down waiting and common areas frequently and exam rooms after every patient.
16. We are available by phone during business hours as well as our after-hours provider-on-call line for any urgent concerns.
As we are still learning about COVID-19 and as more information becomes available, these protocols may need to change. We will update if and when necessary. Once again, the health of our staff and our Stonebriar Families is our top priority.
-Stonebriar Pediatrics Management